Friday, June 1, 2012

It's been awhile!

   Okay so I know it's been awhile. And I will use the excuse that I have been busy. I am now in Afghanistan and doing good. On this post I will quickly update you on the last 3 months. And I will try to update more regularly now that I am in one place.

FEBRUARY        

So this was my gift to Whitney on Valentines day. 
Valentines day sucks away from your loved ones!


Whitney came in to town for one of my 4 day passes.
We went to SeaWorld, the River Walk, and spent some quality time together.
4 days is definitely not enough time for a visit.

Nothing beats some gold old fashion Texas style BBQ with some fresh Sarsperillas.


MARCH        

Here I gave Holman an IV before the big convoy the next day!
(Look..... No blood, that's how it should look my friends.)

 So here we go....... On a convoy to our Exit Evaluation, to make sure we are ready to deploy.

And our TOP speed is 45 mph! And it makes for a long drive!

 So here we are arriving at our location. The person that ordered the tents got the wrong ones. They accidentally ordered circus tents! Ha ha haaaaaa, it made sure we had a lot of space!
"So much more room to do activities!"  

 We're not even here 6 hours before this dude gets beet up by his own bed!

Nothing a little suturing won't fix!


This was my Highlight of the field exercise. Flying in a Huey! 
There are only 3 left in the Military's arsenal, so to ride on one was a pretty big deal. 







This is a view of one of the places we were at!
 If you look, you can see our birds (Apaches) lined up and ready to go.

 Here we are high in the sky :)
Here is our little Aid Station here!

And yes you did see the doc passed out!
Or as he calls it "Meditation Therapy"
The Doc sure does know how the relax!
Who says Special Forces Docs are to cool for a kiddie pool????
He calls this his "Dry feet Re-Hydration Therapy"

So we walk into our little Circus Tent and half the people have there shirts off.
So I told the Doc it was Topless Tuesday in the tent!
And this is what we got!
"Is that a Special Forces training bra doc?"

While Visiting the guys out at the FARP (Forward Ammo & Refueling Point)
we were attacked. I saw these Bow & Arrows, so I grabbed them and returned fire!
The instructors said this was the first time they have ever been attacked by Arrows!
I'm glad I could be there first.

So the food out in the field was excellent in every way! 
They threw some money out for this catering. 

Here are some of our birds all lined up.


After we passed our exit evaluation I had to get my Small Pox vaccination.
 Okay so here is a little time laps of our Small Pox vaccination that is required to be deployed.
Here is after 2 days

 5 days

7 days

 Here it is after about 2 weeks
 And 2 1/2 weeks
It took about a month to "Heal". But it still looks bad to this very day!

Here is the Docs wife going to ruin someones day! ha ha haaaaa

 We are the 1-211th Air Pirates!
So....... You can't be a Pirate without a little booty!

"Trust me you'll thank us later!"
If we can't establish an IV in your veins for any reason we will put this IO in your sternum!



 So not even after a week back from the field....... 
They tell us we are going back out to the field for 2 weeks for a Combat Convoy Training

Here is the type of MRAP they have in Afghanistan.
These have replaced the old Hummers!

 Pretty Intimidating 

 Here is a hummer roll over trainer. You sit in it and it spins you all around. Then they make you egress form it while upside down, or rolled on its side.

 And here is the MRAP roll over trainer!

So even though there are no hummers in Afghanistan they make us train how to convoy in them?????

 My Gunner Zimmerman!

 Crazy guy in the back seat!
Oh wait that's me :)

 Daily vehicle maintenance

Just riding in the back of a Truck back to base!

Thanks for looking at my blog.
The next post will be the next 2 months!


1 comment:

  1. GOOD JOB, it's about time we got an update from you. I almost renewed my subscription to TIME magazine in hopes of finding an updated photo of you. Keep up the good work, and can't wait to see what Afghanistan looks like.

    Love

    Jon

    ReplyDelete