Monday, June 11, 2012

June 'Part-1'

    JUNE  -   Part 1   


On Memorial Day we lost 2 Pilots. These two men gave everything to make our country free. 
It really hit home that this tragedy happened on memorial day. The day we remember the troops, especially the fallen! I will remember this day for the rest of my life! 

Here is some training on suturing(stitches as you would call them).
One of the Docs saw us practicing on Bananas, so he decided to let us practice on him! 
We cut him open to remove a big abnormal mole, then suture him back up. So this is a practice of my handy work. I even went ahead and signed it for him :)


So we have a thing here called the Bazaar. It is a little Hajji Marketplace

This is what it looks like when you walk in the entrance. 


These salesman are worse than used car dealers. They always say "For you my friend......Cheap"  

This guy has just about everything. Or he can somehow get things the next day for you.
One of our guys asked if he had the Korean version of Rosetta Stone, and the guy somehow had it the next day???? I think they have a Wlamart in town or something.

They do have some nice hand woven rugs.

So they sell these jewelry boxes here. They have some really cool ones that are puzzles. You have to move and slide different pieces to open them. I plan on buying a couple of them because they are pretty awesome.  



Here is a store that sells Lapis Lazuli commonly know as just Lapis. I guess there is only a few places on earth where it is mined. Afghanistan is one of the main sources. It is a stone that has an intense blue color to it. It looks good if you like blue jewelry. So they sell it here and you can get a pretty good deal on it!

Here are some of the Shemaghs/Scarves that I bought from the "Bazaar". So if you want one let me know and I can get you one. 

Where are we again?????

Here is some more training we did! 
We did some Hoist Training out of this Chinook. It was freaking awesome! We did half the training during daylight hours, then we worked under NVG's (Night Vision Goggles).


These birds are awesome. They are super quick too!

Here is Litchard and the First Sergeant.

This guy on the end of the ramp was crazy! I kept thinking he was going to fall out!
But in this picture he is just getting ready to take off!

Here we are hovering above a little base and he is just standing there!
Bungee jumping anyone?

One of our birds and a guard tower in the background.

Here is one of the ANPs (Afghan National Police) that work on our FOB.

Here is a Bomb/Drug sniffing dog.

These are pretty small ambulances! ha ha haaaaa This is as heavy as a battleship.


1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures babe. Can I go shopping there?? I looks to me liek you're having a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete