Sunday, February 26, 2012

A lot of stuff to do!



     So today I had to do medical coverage out at the range. It was actually super cold, and it snowed! Snow in Texas??? And if you are wondering why my uniform is mixed and matched, it’s because my helmet and vest are part of our new Multi-Cam uniform that we wear in Afghanistan. But we are not allowed to wear it until about a week before we get in country. And we don’t have our other vests here in Texas. One of those dumb army rules, that doesn’t make much sense. The guys out at the range actually let me in on the action and I got to shoot one of these .50 Caliber Machine guns. As you can see in the picture we put the Night Vision optics on these ones. These guns are super heavy. It takes 2 people to move one of these bad boys.




Here is an overview of the range for the night shoot of the .50 Cal


Here is a video that I filmed of the other medic shooting.

And here is yours truly just blasting away. I didn't even really aim. I just wanted to shoot the thing!
Tell me who you think is the better camera man is ;)


This is my Valentine ’s Day away from home! Here is a picture of my two very cute Valentines J

Here is Whitney and Izzy’s little box of goodies. I got Whitney an Army shirt (It’s my size, and of course I had to spray it with a little cologne). Since I’ve been gone she has somehow acquired a lot of my t-shirts that she sleeps in. I think it’s pretty cute, so I thought I would add to her collection. Then there is a little army bear for Izzy. A couple of Twix bars because it reminds me of working with Whitney. We would always share a Twix bars on our breaks. I also put a couple pair of super fuzzy socks. Whitney’s feet are always freezing, so she usually puts them under me to warm them up, but since I’m not there to do the job now I had to get a replacement in my absences. There is also a little box of Ghirardelli Chocolates. And two little pins. One that has a heart in front of a pair of combat boots, which says “I Love My Soldier”,  And a nice little card to top it off. And the box was stuffed to the brim with Hersey’s Kisses and Hugs, and Rose petals (fake ones of course), and red confetti.




Whitney made me this candy bar message poem! IT'S awesome, I haven't really had any candy here so this was a very good excuse to eat some ;) Thanks babe! I loved it!




And here is the moment I have been waiting for since I left SLC! Whitney Lee is finally here!!!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I wa to see her smiling face!

Here we are being ridiculous with our Krispy Kreme doughnuts!


And here we are at SEAWORLD!!!!! YAY



Here we are petting the baby StingRays.

The onnly people ever to take a picture in front of this Shamu statue. Ha ha haaaaa
Being at SeaWorld with Whitney was so fun! I love that girl!






This is my favorite thing here! I told Whitney if I some how become a Billionaire I am buying one! I don't think she took me very seriously though.






Here we are at dinner at a little hole in the wall Italian diner. They had super good artisian pizza.

This weekend was seriously the best weekend ever! It went by way to fast. But I am so happy I got to see Whitney Lee. Although it was pretty rough to have to say goodbye to her once again! Now the count down begins of when I get to see her in April on my 4 day pass!

I hope you are all enjoying this little blog. So until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment