Saturday, June 2, 2012

And April is done

APRIL  -   2012            

Here is my boarding pass to come home for Easter weekend!

And here she is..... Ms. Whitney Lee. 
She came inside to surprise me :)

We pretty much went from the airport to take some family pics.
They all turned out good, and here are just a few of them 


Little Izzy had so much fun with this photo shoot. She just loved being the center of attention.
Looking at these make me miss them pretty bad :(

Here I am Easter Sunday with my sister. 
I wish I had more pics of my trip, but I think most pictures were taken by other people! 


    So now back to reality in Fort Hood    

So I took most of my ACU(The digital camo you see below) uniforms home because we are switching to the OCP(The loin cloth material below) uniforms. So I was left with 1 pair of pants and 1 top. So a couple days after I returned we had an impromptu Combative training. Well........... During that training I heard a loud pop come from my only pair of pants!!!!! I had that look on my face like "Oh crap". So I did some handy dandy sewing and they were good for a few more wears.

And here I am doing my part as a Combat Medic! Donating blood.
They said that blood that is donated at Military bases is in Combat Zone within 6 days!

 Here is the clinic being all packed up.

 And packing up my room. 
Looking at this picture it kind of looks like a prison cell. Minus the toilet in the corner.

I was playing this Draw Something game and I got this list of things to draw.
How the heck do I draw a portrait of Whitney!

Whitney Lee Quinn/DeMass?

This  is how I feel about Whitney!
*I have been studying about the heart and the person who drew the ECG obviously doesn't know what one looks like! The PR interval is way to narrow, plus the P & T wave is peaked! They did get the Tachycardia down pretty good though! LOL! I'm just surprised that I know this crap!
 

I wrote this as I was talking to Whitney about marrying me :)
And we decided to that we should! So I had to call her dad.... And her mother to ask for their permission. And I'm a pretty classic guy that would rather do it in person(face to face). But with the situation permitting, I had to make phone calls. But in the end it all worked out and we got plane tickets ordered, and the waiting game started. It seemed like a long few days till she came into town!

I had to get ready! I went and rented a car. And the car rental place wanted about $200 to rent a car seat!
So I just went to Walmart and bought one, that I later returned! So for the price of gas I got a car seat.

And here is little Izzy Bizzy in here new/burrowed car seat.

 And here is my soon to be gangster wife ;)

And we got to the courthouse and started the process. Being in the military and having deployment orders it was only $25 to get married! So on April 27th 2012 I married my dream girl/girls!

Here we are with judge Cooke. He had a pretty southern accent! 

 Here is my medical team that came to support us.
From the Left:
Doc Johnson, Litchard, Doc Syddall(civilian clothes), Me, Izzy Bizzy, Whintey, Scheurman, Holman

And here is the new little Bradley DeMass family! Aren't we super cute?
I love Izzy's smile in this picture!

And here is my other half getting on the plane to fly home
I won't get to see them till next year!




2 comments:

  1. A little bit late, but congrats on your marriage. You are a lucky guy! Especially considering your lack of hair.
    David L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Brad Dogg,

    Are you sure you aren't in Wendover? It looks like the people in Afghanistan know how to maximize their mobile spaces. I like your pictures and posts, I get some good laughs at the same time as being humbled. Thanks for every thing you do for our family and country!

    I did want to write for the holidays, and let you know how things are in the life of Jeff and Kirsten. We are enjoying our life on the Business Bipolar Roller Coaster. Still don't have the fleet of lambo's, but they are on the horizon. We also have to get one of those big warthog looking trucks for the island. We finally have health insurance after not being insured for too many years (thought I would throw in a medial reference.) Not much is new, just getting old, I guess kinda like wine.

    I have noticed that there are some similar things about Afghanistan and Utah:

    - Both have deserts and mountains.
    - People like big trucks in both places.
    - We have Rednecks, they have Taliban.
    - The people of Afghanistan are called Afghans and not Afghanis which is the currency. If Utah had a currency it would be called Utahis, and Brigham Young would be on the hundred.
    - 99% of the Afghan population are Muslims. Only one Jewish man lives in Afghanistan. 63% of Utah population are Mormons, and the is only one Jewish family that lives here.
    - Afghan rugs are very popular around the world. Utah has the best honey in the world. Honey is way better than rugs.
    - Like Utahns, Afghans drive on the right hand side of the road.
    - You have to really like hot summers and cold winters to live in either place.
    - The highest mountain range of Afghanistan is Hindu Kush, which rises above 18,000 feet. In Utah, Hindu Kush is a plant that gets you high.
    - Potholes are common in Afghanistan and Utah.

    We love you Bradley. Stay safe and walk hard.

    Your brother,

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete