Sunday, January 29, 2012

So here I am at the end of week two of Operation Enduring Freedom! Here is what my room looked like when we arrived here. And with a couple little things moved around and some sheets, I now call it home! i know the walls look a little bare right now, but I'm still waiting for Whitney to send me a couple bikini posters of herself to hang on the walls. LOL. I could only wish for that, because it will never come true. I am pretty sure that if you google US Prison system, the rooms that will come up look very similar to this (just saying!)


So here is the sart of our clinic that we are setting up. Its still not quite done, but it keeps getting closer and closer. When we first found this room it was a big empty room with a single magazine rack. So after pillaging thru the barracks we found some extra stand alone closets. But the thing was they didn't have enough shelve space. So what do the 2 Special Forces doctors do. They go to home depot and build their own!





















So now its time to go get all of our new MultiCam gear. So we brought 2 duffle bags full of gear, and the first week we are here, they give us another 2 duffle bags plus a back pack, and a big ruck sack! And I hate to say it but "I look pretty good in this picture"




  


So we have a clinic at the barrcks where most of the soldiers come in for Sick Call (Basically the military verision of Insta Care). Then we also have a medic at the airfield during flight operations. I don't have a picture of that office yet. But I do have this cool one. When I look out the window of that office this is the view that I have. It is pretty cool to watch our mechanics tare one of these apart in a matter of hours!!!!


In the past two weeks it has kind of been slow go. We really don't know what we are doing the next day until about 10:00-11:00 pm the night before. There has been a lot of sitting around for now. Everyone is still getting into there grove of things. Pretty soon the medics are going to be doing rounds at the big hospital here on base. I hope to get a lot of knowledge from that to help me in my career. One thing that has helped me to pass time is reading. And if anyone truly knows me they probably know that I hate reading. I haven't read a book since.......... Well high school, and even then I didn't even really read the full book! But since I started dating Whitney, she has got me into reading books. It started out with her just reading to me. She read two full books to me while driving to Arizona, and I've kind of been hooked since. So with me gone, Whitney had me take her Kindle (or should I say I tactfully acquired it.) So now with me gone I can read. And Whitney has been recording chapters at a time and sending them to my phone. So it is as if she is still by my side reading. I love her to death, and wouldn’t trade her for anything. “Thanks for getting me to read babe!”

This is 1 book down! And who knows how many more to come on this deployment.


3 comments:

  1. Love you Brad! You're looking awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing all of your medical stories and how you handle things in the field. Praying for you constantly. You're Nathan's big hero - all of our heros!! Be safe. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck getting Pictures of me in a bikini for your wall. Your room mates would have a heart attack. :)

    Im glad we're reading together babe. Its fun to talk about the books with you! Now if I could just keep up with you, your reading to fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update it is so nice to see what you are doing. Keep the pictures of the Spartan coming;)

    We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete