Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun on the Job

So now it's time for a little story on poor hygiene. The other day I was alone at our clinic. I had to fill in at a meeting for our doctor so i left the clinic unlocked in case someone needed medical supplies while i was gone. I got to the meeting and only 6 of us where there out of a usually 40! The meeting ended up getting cancelled, so i headed back to the clinic. Once I got back the clinic was locked, and I instantly remembered that I left the keys in there! As I lost hope and started to walk away the doc opens one of the doors slightly and says "Come in, I need your help." I walk in and see a guy lying on the operating table with only his crotch exposed! The doc throws me a glove and says "come and hold this." Kind of in shock I ask what is going on, the doc explains that due to poor hygiene this guy got a Sabacious Cyst on his twig and another on his berries, and we were going to have to surgically remove them! I was just the lucky guy that got to hold everything in place while the doc numbed it up and cut them out. So remember to always wash your under carriage.
But now to some cool stuff:

Every couple of days we have to work a 20 hour shift out at the FARP (Forward Arming & Refueling Point) for the Apaches. They like to do a lot of their training at night time because if they can do everything in the dark of night they can do it with ease in the light of day. They need to have medical staff on hand at all times while these birds are flying around!
So you may ask what do I do out there???? Well this is what I ended up doing most of the time! This is the joys of having the back of an ambulance to hide out in! But SSSssssssshhhhh don't tell anyone my secret.















We had to borrow an ambulance that actually worked from the national guard here in Idaho. As
you can see it is a lot nicer than the original one we got. I also had some night vision goggles that i
got to play with so here is a pic of the ambulance at night!





















Now here are just some cool pictures of the birds as they do their thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment